Friday 1st May 2020
Good morning to you all! I hope that you are all well. Thank you for handing in your information texts on animals – I really enjoyed reading them, and I learnt lots of new facts!
You are working very hard at home…well done! Over the weekend, make sure that you spend some time doing the things that you enjoy. I'm going to practise my saxophone and read some books. What are you going to do?
Activities for today!
- today I have another challenge for you! Today you are going to design, create and test a paper aeroplane.
- decide how you will make your paper aeroplane. On the class handouts page, I have uploaded some instructions. You can follow these, or you can make it your own way.
- write a set of instructions for how to make your paper aeroplane. I have uploaded a worksheet on the class handouts page that you can use.
- next, you get to test your paper aeroplane! See how far it travels. Measure the distance that it has travelled using a ruler or a measuring tape, or using lots of the same thing (e.g. how many pencil lengths did it travel?).
- you could then make a different paper aeroplane. How is this paper aeroplane different to the other? Does this one travel further than the other one? Why do you think that?
- I have set a 2Do on Purple Mash, where you can tell me all about the paper aeroplane challenge.
I hope that you enjoy this challenge! Don’t forget to spend some time reading and on TT Rock Stars. Have a great day, and a super weekend!